Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SCS Featured Stamper Challenge

I stole a few minutes yesterday to try to participate in a couple of challenges.  I'm determined to do more of this in an attempt to improve my stampin' skillz. *wink*  Truth be told, I've got my little eye on a couple of design teams/swap groups/etc.  Don't tell.  While we're dishing & laying out the whole truth.  I have to also admit that every time I get a comment on my blog - and oh, yes, it's happened a few times now, but just a few - I'm totally shocked!  I really haven't even told anyone about my blog.  I have posted my creations in my SCS gallery and I did have to eventually tell Carrie, since it was her fault I even started bloggin', but I didn't even tell my husband until yesterday.  HA!  That, however, is a different story for a different day. . . 

Ok, enough babble.  On to the goods.  I made this card for the Sunday featured stamper challenge on SCS.  The featured stamper was Michelle - aka *sf9erfan* on Splitcoast.  You can see her gallery here and the card I cased here.  I loved several things about this card - the floral image, all of the layers, the colors, and the ribbon!  I absolutely loved how she tied the ribbon.  Here's my take on it:
Now that my craft room is better organized, and things are more accessible, I'm determined to use my Nestabilities more - oh, AND buy more, but again, the husband.  Anyway, I used those to cut the rectangles.  I also embossed the rectangles with them, but it's hard to see in the picture.  Some of the things I changed - the stamp set and the sentiment, I used the polka dot ribbon instead of plain organdy, and I used a rhinestone brad instead of black.  Oh, and she said she used a spica pen, but I used stardust stickles instead.  It really added a lot to put some bling on there.  It's super ~sparkalay~ IRL.  Michelle also used Rose Red DSP and I used Real Red from the hostess paper pack instead.  

The deets:  Paper:  Real Red, Certainly Celery, Wisper White, Basic Black, Real Red DSP; Ink: Real Red, Certainly Celery; Stamps:  Happy Harmony, Warmest Regards; Accessories:  Dotted Organdy Ribbon, Nestabilities Rectangle Dies (large & small), Fire Round Rhinestone Brad, Stardust Stickles.  

I've also been working on some Thank You cards for my kids' soccer coaches using the All in the Family stamp set.  I have one done and MUST finish the other one today so I can get them both signed by the boys.  I'll be back to post those in a bit.  They're turning out super cute.  

Thanks so much to anyone who stops by!  Tah~

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!