Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Here we go!

Last week I told my friend Carrie that I was afraid to start a blog because I would never have anything to share on it.  Well, here it is, day two and I have TWO projects to share today.  HA! I can hardly believe it myself!  I started off with Kristina Werner's color challenge.  Since she's one of my stamping idols, I figured it was only proper to make the first card on my new blog for one of her challenges.  The colors were Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, and a touch of Wild Wasabi.  
Aren't those great colors!  I had intended to do KW's last color challenge but I was in the middle of a MAJOR craft room re-do and every craft related thing I owned was in piles in my guest bedroom.  I may still go back and do the last challenge since I had a great idea for it.  In the mean time, since I have most everything back in my craft room, I dumped everything on my table onto the floor and set off to tackle this challenge.  It was fun and I was thrilled with my card!  So, without further rambling, here it is:

Stamps:  Take Three; Paper: Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White, Jersey Shore DSP;  Ink: Pumpkin Pie & Garden Green markers;  Accessories: Sherbet Ribbon Originals, Rich Regals Brads

THEN! If that wasn't enough for one day, I also did the featured stamper challenge over at the Great Swaps Girls blog.  The featured stamper for today is Jackie Pedro.  Her blog is one of my favorites and I didn't have any trouble at all finding a fun card to copy.  So, here's her card on the left and my card on the right:
Stamps:  One of a Kind; Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Jersey Shore DSP; Ink: Brilliant Blue, White Craft; Accessories:  Boho Blossoms Punch, Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain ribbon, bold brights brads, Flower Fusion felt flowers. 

I also took this on as a personal challenge to make a card using Brilliant Blue since Carrie, my then ex-friend (jk, Carrie!), suggested that Brilliant Blue should be retired!  *gasp*  I couldn't believe it!  I LOVE Brilliant Blue!  I'm sure we all have at least one SU! color we'd like to see done away with, but for me it is NOT Brilliant Blue.  So, Carrie, this is for you!

Now that I have these pictures up here, I can see that mine seem much cloudier than Jackie's.  Maybe that's  my next challenge for today - to either figure out how to brighten my pics up in Photoshop or buy a new camera!  HA!  Oh, that AND the enormous mountain of laundry that's waiting for me.  *ugh*  Tah for now!

5 comments:

carrie said...

OH MY WORD! Your CARDS ROCK! I am so happy for you and you totally cute blog! I knew you could do it! I, seiously, love your two cards. EVEN THE BRILLIANT BLUE! Can't wait to see MORE!

nitestamper said...

excellent card !!!!!!!!!and you did a wonderful case...welcome to the blogging world. have fun and
keep stamping
tfs:)
chat

Becky Carafa said...

Great case, thanks for playing! I love it, and I love your color challenge card too. Awesome layout!

Kristin said...

Congrats on your new blog! You started it on my birthday! :) I've said it before, but I'll say it again that I love your CASE of Jackie! Fabulous colors and cut out flowers. Now I'm seeing this card you did with Kristina's color challenge and WOW! I love it- the colors are awesome (of course) but I love that you used that stamp set and the paper together- just WOW!

gina marie said...

YAY! I love your blog! Keep it up I am going to put the link on mine.

Love, Gina

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!