Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Challenge combo - would you like fries with that?

The two challenges I promised myself I would finish before I could go to bed were K-dub's color challenge and the Great Swaps Girls' sketch challenge.  For the first time ever . . . drum roll, please . . . I combined two challenges!!  ACK! I know!  Crazy times, people.  So, without further adieu, here's my best effort:  

WAIT!  Hold the presses!  Before I show you *my* work, here's what I was trying to accomplish:  Here's K-dub's inspiration:

Gorgeous, huh? 

Now, here's the GSG sketch:

Fun, huh?  Now, just imagine how fun and gorgeous something could be if you combine the two genius inspirational pieces into one . . . again, the drumroll . . . 

Thank you.  Thank you very much.  *in my best Elvis impersonation voice*  Did I mention, I turned the sketch upside down? On purpose?  I know.  I'm a rebel.  I hope that's not against the rules.  While I may be a rebel, a rule breaker I'm not.  

I had a lot of fun with these two challenges.  I hope you like the results as much as I do.  Be sure to drop me a comment and let me know what you think.  Lie to me if you have to.  

Believe it or not, I have another post for today.  Oh, come on!  It's not that shocking, is it?  Before I skip on over to that one and hit the publish button, here are the deets on the challenge combo card.  Or, maybe I'll even make you wait for the other one until tomorrow.  *evil laugh*

The Deets:  Stamps:  All Holidays, Circle of Friendship; Paper:  Au Chocolate DSP, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla; Ink: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Pewter jumbo eyelets, 1/2", 1", 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" circle punches, Wide Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon. 

7 comments:

travelingmama said...

What a great card! Guy cards can really be tough. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jess said...

This is an awesome card!

Carrie said...

OH MERCY! This card totally rocks B! Love it! Great job with both challenges. I so wanted to do K's color challenge, but have been so busy planning stamp club, camp and workshop for this week, I so need to come up for air!

Deanna said...

What a great father's day card!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you started you own blog!!!! I have always loved your cards, they are so classy. This Father's Day card is another great Britiney creation. All the details so well thought out and perfectly executed. You're a wonderful stamping teacher and friend. Best of luck with the blog. I will be stalking it!!!
Patsy

gina marie said...

Nice work!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Another beauty! I may have to start lurking here ....

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!